Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rolling on a River - Nathan Noble


This is from my awesome co-worker and BSSM classmate Nathan Noble who sometimes has the ability to put words to some of the music inside my heart... here it goes:

Rolling on a river
Away from striving and unrest
I come to lean upon Your chest
From the shallows into the deep.

My movements slowed
By the deepening swell
I waver, looking back
To the shore and the firmer track
The solid ground and quicker step.

But it's too late now
The hold is strong
My quivering hands
No longer strive
To go back or to even try
To reach the other side.

My eyes are turned as they strain
To see what will be coming then
Round the bend
But all I see is more the same
The current rolling down and down
An endless path I travel on.

My feet lose hold
Of the muddy ground
It's as if I've died
Or just begun
To slip into Jacob's dream
And climbing find the real thing
As I fall asleep
I open my eyes
And look to see
As for the very first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment